Saturday, November 21, 2009

Burn Those Calories

Exercise, exercise, exercise...as I said before Steph says never miss your exercise class and I didn't. I went to the 8:30 AM Spin class this morning and it was rough. By 9:00 I was ready to "throw the towel in", but I stay and finished the class. It was worth every minute I was there. My legs and heart are getting stronger (Spinning is a big time cardio workout) and I'm burning some major calories.

I found the following question out there in Internet land at: http://www.spinning.com/

How many calories will I burn in a Spinning class, and what is the approximate equivalent distance in road miles traveled?
The number of calories you'll burn depends on a number of factors, including your weight and the intensity at which you exercise. Research [Adobe PDF] indicates that on average, participants burn about 400–500 calories in a 40-minute workout. The "distance" traveled depends on cadence; however as an estimate, an average 40-minute class at a cadence of 80–110 rpm is equivalent to approximately 15–20 miles on the road.

Yes I burned some calories today, but check this out this was my 3rd class this week so I really burned some calories. What did you do this week?

No comments: