Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Got Strapped Today

I got strapped today...No, no not with a gun with a pedometer.

What's the big deal with a pedometer? Well here's the story - The health promotions committee at my church is the recipient of a grant from the Morehouse School of Medicine. Obesity is epidemic in our country (and yeah I'm part of the obesity statistics). Our goal with the grant is to increase physical activity targeting walking as a measure to address the obesity epidemic. So we're using the pedometers to measure our steps until April 2010 when we have a walkathon as our final celebration for increasing our physical activity. So yeah I'm strapped - with a pedometer and my goal is to take 10,000 steps per day.

Best Line of the Day
"I sat in my car outside her house with a gun in my hand and I was going to shoot her for taking my man, but she never came home." WTF...I know people that would do that? Yes I do, and she's a hardworking church girl (and I'm being real, not facetious). You know...I'm so glad old girl didn't come home because I might not have ever known the person I call my friend because her ass would be sitting in jail. Ladies he ain't worth all that. I ain't going to jail for no man and neither should you. As they say in New Orleans - you heard?

Ooh chile...I say next time pick up a pedometer, and not a gun and "walk it out". Check out how you "walk it out" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwKL10wvwDM

1 comment:

Kisha said...

Okay Susan, I am going to comment this time instead of just reading. I am strapped today too, not sure if I will make the 10,000 steps today, but baby steps. As for the line of the day. I totally know what you mean, it's unbeliveable what causes people to "snap." I know we all say a man isn't worth it and I would never be the one. But watch the show Snapped that comes on the oxygen network and you will truly see people who have had enough and are not acting in character.