Sunday, November 15, 2009

Get Up and Go Chairs

I ate brunch with some friends after church today at this restaurant in College Park, GA called The Pecan and it was delicious. I was very mindful of what and how much I ate. I'm telling you they put these mini corn muffins on the table while you wait for your entree and I didn't have one - I didn't really want one. I'm getting into this portion control thing.

As we were sitting there talking one of the ladies in the group said, "These are get up and go chairs, and my fat butt's not liking them". What? What are get up and go chairs? She said, "You know they are not comfortable chairs because they don't want you to stay around after you eat and talk - they want you to get up and go." I never heard of that one, but I'll be looking out for them from now on.

Once I got up and left I visited with my sisters and then get this - I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes! That's a milestone for me because I think the treadmill is the most boring thing. But I wanted to get some exercise in so I just sucked it up and did it.

I did pretty good in the exercise category this week because I worked out 2 times doing intervals with a trainer, I went to a Spin class, and I walked on the treadmill twice. Did you exercise this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll admit...
I did not exercise, however, I really watched what I ate! Since I was unable to meet everyone at The Pecan, I'm sure the muffins would have been tempting to me. It seems when I leave church, that's when I crave food (any kind) more! Maybe, we can walk, get a pedicure, or go to the movies instead of eating on Sundays. What do you think?
A.