Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Feeling Good (Ha!)

Well I was feeling pretty good about yesterday when I realized that I had some hidden carbs in the Truvia Sugar substitute that I was adding to my coffee and also the protein shake. Come to find out, it has 3 carbs per packet. I discussed this with my "Real Dietitian" friend. She said that the carbs come from a sugar alcohol and that I could count it as 1.5 carbs because the sugar alcohol is not digested.

I actually threw away my so called "low carb coffee" this am after taking to Susan. When you only have 20 carbs a day, everything counts! I think that I will do without my coffee this week or switch to the mocha shake in the am.

Anyway, it really was not too bad, except for getting in that last meal 2 hours before I go to sleep. I'm working on eating earlier.