Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Your Body Needs Food to Survive




Wendy says, " Your body needs food to survive. In fact, your body always thinks the last thing you ate is the last thing you'll ever eat. The human body is a machine based on survival. It doesn't eat because food tastes good, looks good, is cooked by a world-renowned chef, or is served at a five-star restaurant. Your body eats for the same reason it does everything else: to survive. Stop being emotional about food. To crack the fat-loss code and break through your diet plateau forever, you must begin thinking of the body as a machine and the food as fuel. Period end of story. When we take away the emotions from how we look or what we eat, at least for now, it becomes so much easier to look at fat loss logically".

Reading and writing that was like a brick hit me "upside the head". You see, I sure do love eating food (lots of it), and I rarely think of it as just fuel to fill my tank. I like stuff like a good, something chocolate, and gooey; I like a big plate of pasta, and a nice well done ribeye steak. Wow I can't tell you how many times I've eaten and really not been hungry.

I'm slowly changing my ways - my lifestyle. I feed the hungry (most are homeless) at lunch time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm thinking...they don't eat because it's just there...they eat because they don't know where their next meal is going to come from. Unfortunate as their circumstances might be, they have it right - they are simply eating to fuel their bodies - they eat for survival.

I'm going to eat food because it's the fuel my body needs. I'm going to reach a healthy weight. I'm going to need all the support I can get.

Yep "This Is It" and that's me and my sister checking out Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame July 2009. I'm the one in the what - but of course black pants and a top.










2 comments:

Johnny said...

Interesting entry about food and eating. You're right - some people see food as something that will make them fatm rather than something that will help them stay healthy and alive.

Keep on posting.

-- Johnny (Canada)

http://www.asianawesome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey, Susan! Great blog. My favorite food is cake batter these days, but I really see that changing.