Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Morning Life

Got in my car this morning to go meet 2 people for a 10A meeting and my car was like, "What's up? I ain't going nowhere right now." Surprisingly I didn't panic. For whatever reason I was really calm. One of the people I was meeting with was able to pick me up and bring me to and back from the meeting. One thing down.

Once I got home I called Honda Roadside Assist and someone came to give me a "jump" in 25 minutes. Unbelievable quickness. I quickly drove to the dealership to get a new battery. Yes I go to the dealership for my car maintenance. Believe me they are sucking wind real bad so their prices now are unbelievably competitive. There was a waiting room full of customers, but I was in and out of there in no more than 45 minutes with a new battery and an overdue oil change.

After I left the dealership my calmness turned into, "look at the majesty of the universe". You see the weather here today was overcast and misty rainy, but on the way home the beauty of the fall colors against the overcast conditions was just breathtaking.

Not bad for a Wednesday morning that could have turned into a disaster.

Lesson learned from this story - for about a week my car was trying to tell me I needed a new battery (and I was overdue for an oil change) because you see when I would start her she would sputter a bit. Of course I ignored it and went on about the busy life we think we have. Well she (my car) had to slap me up side the head to get my attention. Listen to your car when she whispers to you.

Meal Tip for Today
Instead of having 1 meatball as the menu suggest break up the meatball and make it meat sauce by mixing it with the marinara sauce. This way instead of your meal seeming like it's just 1 little meatball it becomes a plate full of pasta with meat sauce. It's like the volumetrics concept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have read this message myself Wednesday afternoon. My beloved suburban lady tried to tell me something, and of course, I didn't much pay attention. It wasn't until returning home from taking care of business across town, that I noticed the back windows were soiled with oil! Yes, it was transmission oil splirting out. Well, I just found out today, that it was only a cracked hose, which could have been prevented, if I took the time to have it checked properly. This should be a valuable lesson to all!

Oh, and regarding the meatballs...
Yesterday for supper, I took 6 and mixed them into my sauce. Well, I must say, there is enough for 2 more meals! Thanks for the advice!
A.